Sunday, September 3, 2006

A quick update...

Sorry for all those people who actually read my blog who think I fell off the face of the earth... I'm around, just super busy ALL THE TIME!!! No excuses yesterday though, I just sat around, but it was nice. Please pray for my dad. He found out this week that he is blind in one eye, he has to have surgery and he might lose his job and his licence. He's super depressed and it's so sad. I started classes this past week. It's really a lot more work than I anticipated it to be, but it's still so awesome. I have missed this. New Ideas, new people, professors who know so much. It's awesome. I love dorm life... I like dorm food less, but you gotta give some to get some right? :) I miss my friends and family from home. But I've met tons of people here. My roommate is just amazing. For my birthday (which was Thursday), she decorated our dorm with purple balloons and streamers and got me purple fuzzy socks and made me one of her homemade pillows (it was purple too) and then Jessica came over yesterday and brought me more purple balloons and a Royal Purple (that's my favorite shade of it) cake that she ordered that said "Happy Birthday Mel" on it. She is litterally one of my favorite people in the world. She's an awesome friend and I'm so glad that I met her. I just wanted to get a quick update down bc I haven't updated in FOREVER and now I'm off to MARS HILL :). Write more later!




Mel

2 comments:

KayMac said...

will be praying. glad you had a great birthday. now i know where PLR came from!

Wally Harrison said...

I am proud of you, way to get after school, enjoy being a Golden Eagle!