Wednesday, May 3, 2006

An Update

Well, life's moving pretty fast for me right now. I'm moving to Grand Haven in a month and a half, starting school in Muskegon a day after I get there and then I've gotta find an apartment. Here in the Downriver, I've been going crazy with things to do. Two jobs, a wedding, an engagement, spending what time I have left with friends when I can. I'm short on money, time and on sleep. I won't be able to go to New York with Cession now because I won't have the money. But in the mix of disappointment, stress, trials and busyness, God and I are actually finding time to spend together. It's pretty amazing. He's on my mind so much and even though now I'm going through stuff that is hard to handle, I can hold on. Last night I had a break down on the phone with a friend. When the conversation ended I still wasn't doing well. Then God and I got to talkin and He just made me feel so much better. I trust Him to take care of me and though I feel alone, stressed out, and sad at times, He can take me in His arms, hold me and whisper comforting words that make the saddest thoughts run and hide because He does have plans for my future. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me. Though things may be hard now, they won't be hard forever and He's trying to show me that even if it's just me and Him, that's enough. I don't need anything or anyone else to fall back on. It's a hard lesson to learn, but one that I need to be taught. He's touched my heart in a way that I can't even describe. I'm really in love with this God. I pray that He continues to change me into who He wants me to become. Purple Like Raggae is going good though. Discussion is evolving and everyone is sharing their opinions. Not everyone shares the same views which I think is the best part. I like the fact that we are a group that can say what they're thinking and even if no one agrees, they won't just be shot down. People can take what they're saying or leave it, but none the less it can be said. Well I've gotta get to work, so that's all for now....

In His Hands,

Meliss

No comments: