Friday, June 30, 2006

I'm home :)

Well, here I am. Home on the other side of the state. Well as I type I'm actually at Panera. It's nice here though, a little jazz music and people chatting in the background. The smell of fresh food being made. Actually it makes me a little hungry. Lol. Anyway, I'm really liking it here. I'm staying with Wally and Sarah Harrison in case you're reading this and didn't already know. They are literally two of the greatest people ever. I got here on Monday night and went with Wally to go to the Condo where they were staying (they were watching someone's grandson for the week... yep that's right, believe it or not I had the house all to myself. What awesome people just let someone live in their house while they're gone?!?) anyway and after dinner as I was leaving to go back to the house, Wally said "Hey Mel... welcome home." I walked out the door and just started crying. That made me feel so amazing and so seriously welcomed that I just couldn't take it. I called Jon and just had to tell him how awesome Wally and Sarah are. And they both have just made me feel so much like I'm wanted here that it's incredible. It's made me feel so much better everytime I've started to get homesick. I'm so thankful for them. Nate and Jen are also really amazing people. I definately see a resemblance between Nate and Wally. And Jen is just so sweet. Another thing here that I just find absoluely amazing is the church and youth ministry. Yesterday, I met up at the hub (it's the building that Watermark staff's offices are in, also where the highschool ministry meets and there's a prayer room there where anyone can go in and pray) at noon and went with the Jr. High ministry (and one of the highschoolers), to collect cans in a neighborhood and then we went to Wesco with the cash we got from returning them and just paid for people's gas. It was such an awesome experience and it was so amazing to see how into it the kids were. I took a group of girls out in the neighborhood and it really made me realize how much I miss doing youth ministry. I thought before that I'd like to be a part of it when I got here. Now I realize that God is calling me to make working with youth a VERY big part of my life. I don't know where He wants me to go from here, but I definatly feel led to do something. I am going to Moto's hangout tonight from six to eight, that is if I can catch a ride with Wally because my car is SUPER low on oil and I don't have any money to get more until tomorrow, so I shouldn't really drive it anywhere. I probably shouldn't have even came to Panera. Jon, Kat, Josh and Brandon are coming to visit me tomorrow!!! I can't wait to see all of them. I really miss my friends. Well on that note, I think I'm gonna get outta here...

Later,

Spearsy

6 comments:

KayMac said...

how was your visit?

Luna Stellar said...

aww i miss you!

Im really glad we have became such good friends...even if it was on bad timing.

See you soon!!!

mel capra said...

hello doll. stay strong. you are one of the strongest women i know. you will be just fine, i have a lot of faith in you, don't let me down, you are way too wonderful to not be meeting people. everyone will love you over there. just like everyone loves you over here. know make me jealous with all the new friends you have! i love you. and i'm praying for you! hugs and love, caps

tina fabulous said...

just wanted to say "hi" since i'm all up in your blog... i hate when people read mine and dont tell me.
so here we are! :)

Anonymous said...

you really suck at being a friend. no one should trust you because all you do is talk to people and spread things. stay in grand haven because everyone here in the downriver is glad your gone.

Daughter of the Most High King said...

Sorry you feel that way anonymous... guess my real friends don't... Sorry if I've done somethin to ya... I am human. Hope you come to terms with it and move on. :)

Spears