Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Our God is Amazing

Well I've got a couple of minutes to update... I just wanted to say how awesome God is. God gives and He takes away and through it all He reveals Himself and His awesome plan! I love Him more today than I ever have before and I hope that I can make that same statement true tomorrow. He is SO awesome and so breath-taking.

Something He showed me last night finally got to my heart....
Matthew 5:5"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."

And I finally am. I am happy with who God made me to be. I love myself. God has shown me the beauty and love He put into me when He formed me in the womb. And this is truly a feeling that can't be bought.

Yes I am going through a hard time, but in the words of Job... "I came naked from my mother's womb, and I will be stripped of everything when I die. The LORD gave me everything I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!"

God showed me that He will answer my prayers, the way that He sees fit. He shows me that if I ask for something I better be ready for it. And though I wasn't ready for yesterday, I did ask for it. It was actually pretty weird. My last prayer journal entry said "I'm gonna regret saying this as soon as I do, but would you..." and I asked Him to resolve acertainn situation and byGeorgee, He did. Reading it before I wrote in my journal last night I laughed to myself. How can I even be upset when God gave me the only thing I've been asking for for the longest while now? Easy, I can't. So though I'm having a hard time I have to understand, when it starts to hurt, this is part of God's plan and it's important that I give Himcontroll of every part of my life, even if some of it's reluctant to go. I'm giving it up and I'm growing. God is turning me into the woman He made me to be and I am going to revel in every minute of it...

Alright Igota get out of here, there gonna close in a few minutes and I'm gonna go home and get some homework done.... later people


Meliss

2 comments:

mel capra said...

that is the greatest thing i have ever heard you say. and the first time you ever said that you loved yourself.

KayMac said...

I love you and am proud of the woman God has made (& continues to refine)!!