Thursday, June 1, 2006

Well as another week passes, I draw closer

Well as another week passes, and I draw closer to the time I leave, I'm starting to really have mixed emotions. All in all though, they are comming out to be positive. I am in love with a God I know will take care of me. I know that it's for the best that I go, no matter what it is that I want to stay for. I love my friends and I'll miss them, but Kathy's right I won't be THAT far away. I'm excited for the adventure. I'm so ready to move into this new time in my life. It's going to be a blast living with the Harrisons for the summer. Two people who I absolutely adore. It will be nice to have a fresh start and a change of... well... everything. It will be awesome to be apart of a community of believers who have the same vision. People who are striving to be what Christ has called them to be. To me that's so awesome. I am scared to leave all of the things that I know but yet I'm so excited... I can't wait.

On the home front... things with the 'rents are pretty much rediculas. Not so much with my dad but my mom. She's looking for reasons to yell at me and that sucks. I wish things would just level off for the last 3 weeks that I'm here. I know that won't, but I figure I'll just stay out of their way, then they won't see me to yell.

On the personal front.... God and I are doing really good. I'm learing so much about His love for me. I am reading this book called Captivating, and last night I was reading this chapter about God as our romancer. It was beautiful. I am learning that I am beautiful. It's a hard lesson and I'm learning it slowly, but that's what God has been showing me. I am more beautiful than a star filled sky on a warm summer night. More beautiful than the ocean... These are hard ideas to grasp, because when I think of beauty, I think of these things... I surely don't think of me. But when God thinks beauty... He thinks of me. He thinks I am beautiful. Wow, what a thought. God is really changing my heart, just like I asked Him to do. How awesome is that? Well I just wanted to get that out... I'm off for now....


Spears

1 comment:

KayMac said...

Gosh, this is coming up fast. Good thing you will have internet access so we can email and im in between visits. I miss you already, but I am also excited for you.